COVID-19 — Information & Arrangements
You are kindly requested to read the following information carefully. We would like to provide you information about the health regulations and pre-arrangements for your physical attendance at the Swiss Hernia Days 2021 in Basel (Switzerland) from 9 to 10 September 2021.
BEFORE TRAVELLING TO BASEL
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, dry cough, headache etc. – please DO NOT travel to Basel.
- Ensure you have a valid Covid-19 certificate (printed or QR-Code in an app):
- Either you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (if not CH or EU: WHO vaccination document valid too, if vaccinated with PfizerBiontech, Moderna or J&J vaccine)
- If you are not fully vaccinated, please make sure to have a negative PCR test no older than 72 hours or an antigen rapid test no older than 48 hours
ENTRY CHECKS AT CONGRESS VENUE
Entry-checks will be carried out in the main entrance of the Congress Center Basel. You will be asked to show:
- Your vaccination certificate issued in Switzerland, or EU (as above, both vaccines must have been received)
- Or a negative antigen rapid test / PCR test. The antigen rapid test has to be no older than 48 hours; the PCR test should be no older than 72 hours prior to the arrival.
- Your passport / identity card
Please be aware that the entry-check might take some more time than usual. Therefore, registration will open 30 minutes earlier on Thursday morning, at 7.30 am. This also applies especially if you have a WHO vaccination document.
Upon successful entry-check, you will receive a wristband that you should wear during both congress days. You will need to wear the wristband to be able to re-enter the venue without presenting again any documents.
If you need to be tested, antigen rapid tests and PCR tests can be done in the following sites:
- Departure hall 1 on level 3, on the French side of the airport terminal
- Check-In 2 on level 1
Near Congress Center Basel
- Covid test center BASELMED (Greifengasse 11, 4058 Basel) 10 min walk
- Dreirosen Pharmacy (Klybeckstrasse 140, 4057 Basel) 15 min walk
- Labor Rothen (Kornhausgasse 2, 4002 Basel) 21 min walk
- University Hospital Basel – Corona-test center (Klingelbergstrasse 30, 4056 Basel)
23 min walk
Basel train station
- Basel SBB mediX toujour (Centralbahnstrasse 3, 4051 Basel)
The costs are around CHF 80.- (Antigen) and CHF 180.- (PCR).
Opening hours vary from 9:00 am to 7:00 pm.
Please note that some pharmacies are closed for lunch between 12 am and 2 pm
DURING THE CONGRESS
- We ask you to wear a face mask inside the congress venue building when walking around. Thus please bring your own face mask.
- Wearing a mask is not necessary during the sessions whilst seating at your table and of course during the lunch or coffee breaks.
- The Congress Center Basel provides a high hygiene standard, such as:
- Hand hygiene: washing facilities with soap and water are available, installation of hand disinfectants in the entrance zones, escalators, lifts, toilets and staircases
- Physical distancing: placement of 1.5 m distance markings within potential queue zones, generous spacing rules in occupied areas, seating plans providing 1.5m spacing, plexiglas installations when needed, specific hygiene measure in the catering area
- Cleaning: disinfecting of surfaces and objects on a regular basis
We are looking forward to welcoming you to Basel in September! Should you have any questions about COVID-19 regulations in Switzerland or any other issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.